SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS FOR
- Unable to maintain contact with all staff when they are scattered around different parts of a manufacturing plant.
- Trouble communicating as staff move up and down a production line – often in a high-noise environment.
- Difficulty managing the use of forklifts for loading/unloading.
- Reliable, secure, clear radio communications on at least one licensed channel covering the entire site, for management/evacuation.
- Each production line to have its own channel so as not to cause confusion amongst team members, performing similar tasks.
- Services staff (security, maintenance transport) to have radios capable of talking to all user groups.
- Compact, reliable, programmable radios provided - all on licensed and compliant frequencies
- All radios of the same model and generation to maximise interoperability and reduce on-site maintenance and spares requirements
- A combination of fixed ‘line’ radios and handhelds provided to maximise user efficiency and safety
- Extensive range of specialist audio accessories made available to staff – for use in high-noise environments
- Selected supervisor radios configured to also manage gate control and site access