SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS FOR
HOSPITALS, MEDICAL CENTRES & AGED CARE FACILITIES
- Reliable, secure, clear radio communications across multiple channels for many different user groups.
- Coverage across all major external areas of the campus and internally within the main hospital building – particularly the Emergency Department.
- Ability to locate radio users in times of duress – particularly for those working alone.
- System to be expandable as the hospital precinct grows.
- Ageing fleet of radios not able to communicate across the whole of the hospital site. This is common as many hospitals are being rebuilt and/or expanded.
- Current system is not able to be interfaced into warden/job despatch system used by larger hospitals.
- Work health and safety challenges around staff location cannot be addressed with the current radio system.
- A 5 channel trunking system was deployed ensuring capacity for over 200 users across multiple talk-groups including porters, security, maintenance and cleaners
- All conversations in clear digital with no external interference, taking place across all hospital areas
- Interfaced with warden despatch software package to maximise staff efficiency and meet KPI’s
- Variety of radio terminals supplied, all compatible and with features tailored to each user group
- Robust 24Hr maintenance agreement in place to support the critical network
- System is expandable to cater for future staff safety enhancements and efficiency gains